Orange Drop®, Polypropylene Film/Foil Capacitors | Cornell Dubilier
Orange Drop® capacitors made with film dielectric and metallized or foil electrodes are well known for their excellent performance in pulse DC and AC circuits. The Orange Drop® line consists of roughly 20 series, each with its unique design to cover diverse AC and DC applications ranging from filter caps in switch mode power supplies, to snubbers that protect IGBT's in high power inverters.
Offered in values from 0.22 nanofarads to 10 microfarads and voltages from 100 to 2000 Vdc, Orange Drop® capacitors are radial leaded types that mount to a printed circuit board. The term Orange Drop® capacitors was first coined in the 1960's by Sprague Capacitor Company, so aptly named for their bright orange epoxy conformal coating.
- Type 715P, Orange Drop®, Polypropylene Film/Foil Capacitors
- Type 716P, Orange Drop®, Polypropylene Film/Foil Capacitors (High performance)
- Type 716 P HV, Orange Drop®, Polypropylene Film/Foil Capacitors (High performance)
- Type 778P/779P, Orange Drop®, Polypropylene Film/Foil Capacitors (400 VAC)
- Type 715P/717P, Orange Drop®, High Voltage, Polypropylene Film/Foil
- Type 718P/719P, Orange Drop®, High Voltage Polypropylene Film/Foil (Radial lead, High AC Voltage)
- Type 773P, Orange Drop®, Polypropylene Film/Foil Capacitors (700/750 Volts A-C)
- Type 725M, Orange Drop®, Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitors
- Type 225P, Orange Drop®, Polyester Film/Foil Capacitors (Radial lead, pressed profile)
- Type 418P, Orange Drop®, Polyester Film/Foil Capacitors (Radial lead, round profile)
- Type PS, Orange Drop®, Polyester/Polypropylene Film Capacitors (Radial-lead. Non-inductively wound, extended foil construction
- Type 425M, Orange Drop®, Metallized Polyester Film/Foil Capacitors (Radial-lead, pressed profile)
Features & Benefits:
- Long history of proven reliability
Low dissipation factor
Excellent stability, virtually linear temperature coefficient
Various lead spacing, crimp styles and lead lengths available.
- High current, high pulse applications