Ultra Hard Metric Socket Connector | 3M™ Interconnect Solutions
The 3M™ Ultra Hard Metric (UHM) Socket Connector is the industry’s first fully-shielded 2mm hard metric (HM) connector designed for more than 7 Gbps backplane performance when used with unshielded industry standard 2mm HM backplane headers.
The UHM socket is designed to be intermateable to 2mm HM IEC 61076-4-101 headers and is fully compatible with 2mm HM PCB footprints. The 3M™ Ultra Hard Metric (UHM) Connector is the industry’s lowest crosstalk 2mm Hard Metric connector. Drop the connector into your 2mm Hard Metric, CompactPCI® or VME backplane designs and get more than 7 Gbps system performance. It’s a quick and seamless way to enhance your system’s performance to support high speed signals such as PCIExpress, SAS/SATA, Rapid IO, GigE and USB. It uses the same PCB footprint as 2mm Hard Metric connectors, saving you the expense and time of re-spinning a board.
Features & Benefits:
- Full shielding of signals or signal pairs minimizes crosstalk and insertion loss
- 2 mm pitch offers intermateability and PCB footprint compatibility with standard HM designs – leverages existing investment
- High signal density - 101 signals per linear inch for the 8-row and 63 signals per linear inch for the 5-row – optimizes PCB space
- Unique dual beam contact design for high reliability
- Embedded Systems: Compact PCI 3U/6U Sytems & VME Systems
- Broadcasting/Network Communications: switches, routers, terrestrial TV/cable/satellite back-end broadcast equipment; Industrial and Factory Automation - Process Control
- Industrial Control/Transportation: CNC, embedded control systems, machine vision systems, PLD
- Military/Avionics: SBC, test systems
- Medical: patient imaging systems - EBT, CT/CAT, MRI, PET, X-Ray systems