TE Connectivity is an industry leader in the standardized SD memory card reader market through the growth of its secure digital connector product line which include connectors for SD, MiniSD, and MicroSD memory card products.
- Secure Digital (SD) is a flash memory (non-volatile) memory card format used in portable devices.
- Based on the older MMC (Multi-Media Card) format, but slightly thicker than MMC cards
- SD cards can be used in Compact Flash or PC card slots with an adaptor
- MiniSD and MicroSD cards can be used directly in SD slots with a physical interface adaptor
- Devices with SD slots can use the thinner MMC cards