WSLP1206 High PWR, Power Metal Strip® | Vishay
The new WSLP1206 surface-mount Power Metal Strip® resistor is a 1 W current sensing resistor in the very small 1206 package size. The small size of the WSLP1206 resistor allows it to replace larger current sensing resistors, saving space on the circuit board that in turn will create smaller and lighter products for the consumer. It is intended for current sensing, voltage division, and pulse applications. Manufactured using proprietary techniques that result in extremely low resistance values, the WSLP1206 features all welded construction with a solid metal Nickel-Chrome or Manganese-Copper alloy resistive element. The resistor offers very low inductance values from 0.5 nH to 5 nH and low thermal EMF.
Features & Benefits:
- Power rating of 1 Watt.
- Extremely low resistance values of 1 mΩ to 50 mΩ.
- Accurate current sensing with 1% tolerance enables maximum performance, 0.5% tolerance available.
- Low RTC resistance element (<20 ppm/ºC) results in more accurate current sensing, allowing the use of lower cost ICs.
- Enables utilization of a single, low-value resistor instead of multiple, lower wattage resistors in parallel.
- Lead (Pb)-free construction is RoHS-compliant
- High temperature performance up to 170 ºC
- Computer - DC/DC converters
Automotive – engine controls, audio electronics, climate controls, anti-lock brakes
Laptop computer – VRMs, Li-Ion battery management/safety