Amphenol® QWLD Series heavy duty cylindrical connectors provide reliable power and control functions in hostile environments where ordinary connectors cannot survive. On the drilling platform in the North Sea, pump and motor generator controls run smoothly, although constantly exposed to salt spray. At Prudhoe Bay where the nights are six months long, portable lighting systems permit operation regardless of temperature plummeting to 50° below zero. The circus ferris wheel runs continuously despite the fact that it has rained for five days and all power connections are lying in six inches of mud.
These situations are typical of the extreme conditions under which thousands of Amphenol QWLD connectors are operating daily. Outstanding design features that make these cylindricals a necessity for difficult applications include:
- Alumilite 225* hard anodic finish for abrasion and corrosion resistance or conductive cadmium plate
- Resilient inserts for moisture sealing, positive proof against shock and vibration
- Sealing gaskets at every joint for waterproof assembly
- Cable strain relief provided by clamp bar type accessories
- Left hand accessory threads to prevent damage from disconnect torque applied in the wrong direction
- Closed entry socket contact design in solder or replaceable crimp contacts