Littelfuse's newly released Enhanced Version (EV) series of thyristors feature a minimum rated blocking voltage (Vdrm/Vrrm) of up to 800V, a maximum turn-on time (tq) as low as 25µs, and a minimum rated static dv/dt of up to 75V/µs - a five times improvement over earlier thyristors of this type. The enhanced characteristics minimize the need for additional snubber components for circuit protection. The EV series comes in a full range of gate sensitivities and industry standard packaging variations, and are pin-to-pin compatible with popular models already in use.
Littelfuse is focused on delivering easy-to-use, high performance, and high quality products to our customers. In addition to continuous improvements in manufacturing processes, Littelfuse is actively developing product performance enhancements and new differentiated solutions to existing applications problems.
About Littelfuse Thyristors
Teccor® brand Triacs are bidirectional solid-state switches used for full-wave AC control in numerous applications. They can be used for variable output (phase control) of AC loads, and are also an effective and high reliability replacement for electromechanical relays. The Triac family is available in a wide variety of package types and multiple performance variations to serve specific application needs:
- Alternistor (High Commutation) Triacs – for effective control in high DV/DT load environments
- Sensitive gate Triacs – for direct drive from microcontrollers
- Standard Triacs – for a wide range of performance needs
- QUADRAC® Triacs – Triac and Diac in a single package for performance matching and board space savings
In addition, Littelfuse offers Teccor brand Diacs for use with the Triac family as a gate trigger in direct drive applications.
Teccor brand Silicon Controlled Rectifiers (SCRs) are unidirectional solid-state switches. They can be used to switch or modulate half-wave or full-wave (rectified) AC circuits. Another common use is pulse control in capacitive discharge applications. The SCR family is available in a wide variety of package types and performance capabilities.
- Sensitive Gate SCRs – with low triggering levels to maximize power efficiency
- Standard SCRs – for the widest range of application requirements
Teccor brand SIDAC is a voltage switch typically used in high voltage lightning and flame ignition applications. A wide variety of package and electrical variations are available.
- Standard SIDAC – with the widest variety of voltage windows available
- High Temperature SIDAC – for use in high stress environments